Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sam Adams Beer - Summer Styles Variety Pack

sam adams beer summer styles variety pack

Friday, I stopped by my local Albertson's grocery store to pick up some ground beef and other hamburger fixings to enjoy for the weekend. This bored but enthusiastic girl that represented Smirnoff new flavored beverages yelled out to me "Hey, come try this, free samples!"

I'm thinking yeah, so you're handing out free samples of beer? Coming over right now! As I turned the aisle and went towards her, behind the tall stack of Bud and Miller large packs, I saw Smirnoff and then groaned. Poor girl, I felt bad for her. She's in the cold refrigerated aisle, trying to stay active and warm, and then sees my utter disappointment when I notice the Smirnoff flavored wine coolers (I think that's what they were). I think the product line is a new line of low calorie drinks.

But being as bored as she was, she still tried to stay enthusiastic and walked with me as we discussed all the different beers along the aisle. I tell her I enjoy trying something new, especially some of these micro-brews, and I've probably had about 3/4 of what's displayed here. She kept pointing out the light beers and seemed really fond of the Red Stripe Light beer.

I walked up and down the aisle looking for something, saw the Sam Adams 12 pack, but kept looking around. Grabbed the Sapporo and a micro-brew with some dog on it. As I started walking, I looked at the Sam Adams again, and that's when I noticed the Sam Adams Summer Styles variety 12 pack. Put the two other packs back and walked out with my case.

The Sam Adams Summer Styles has 2 bottles of 6 different beers. Their flagship Boston Lager, Boston Lager Light, the seasonal Summer Ale, Pale Ale, Blackberry Witbier, and new Latitude 48 IPA. These are definitely Summer beers and nothing heavy flavored. The heaviest or strongest flavored is the regular Boston Lager.

I find myself finishing the beers rather quickly because it goes down pretty smoothly when drinking the Pale Ale or IPA. Honestly when I think of it, it's not very memorable as I don't recall much of the flavors. Maybe those two beers are meant to be just easy and smooth drinking, and that's why it's included in the Summer pack. Unfortunately I can't try anymore because I was watching the World Cup soccer and drinking the last of the Pale Ale and IPA. Oh well, guess I have to go back and get another Summer Styles pack.

Their Summer Ale is well brewed, and it's either a love it or hate it type of beer. There is a notable citrus and spice flavor with a clean zest finish. If you are looking for more of a punch of zest, I'd recommend Shock Top White Belgian Ale. It's a stronger flavor, but not a favorite of mine, as it reminds me of pouring foamy orange juice into my beer. Again, I only mention that if you are looking for a stronger similar flavor, otherwise the Sam Adams Summer Ale is flavorful and subtle. It's only out during the summer so grab it if you like this flavor.

The final beer is the Blueberry Witbier. It's got a fruity dark berry essence in the fore and mid taste and after finishing your sip/gulp, if you smack your mouth together like your tasting, you can still taste the hint of the blueberry. The beer isn't smooth tasting and kind of complex that doesn't seem to really ever come together. It's an interesting beer, maybe nothing I would go out of my way to get, but definitely worth trying.

Check it out in your local beer aisle. If not, you can order it from BevMo

No comments:

Post a Comment