Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ratching Wrenches From Craftsman


I don’t work on cars as much as I use to. However I still have fond memories as a teenager spending all day working on my car, modifying, fixing, or just taking a part of the motor out just to see it. It was a compact car, so of course everything was tightly packed in there. Remember when I said I spent all day working on it? Well, that’s because I didn’t have the right tools and I’m sure if I did, it would’ve been much much quicker.

One of the tools I don’t think I could work without was my wrench set. Sometimes I couldn’t use a normal ratcheting socket set due to the tight spaces of trying to remove that nut or bolt. And here we go with the open end/box end wrench: Fit, 1/4 turn, lift, fit, 1/4 turn, fit, lift…and repeat until that bolt was loose enough to turn by hand. It can take as much as 5 minutes. You could spend a long time just taking out that one bolt, now imagine trying to take out 5 more!

If I had a ratcheting wrench set, it would’ve been much more pleasant and quicker. Quality tools can get expensive very fast. Luckily we have Craftsman tools you can find at any Sears and is relatively affordable and if one of these hand tools ever fail, you can just walk into Sears and exchange it for a new one. If you get it as a set, they average to around $10 each. Quite the bargain, considering they come with a lifetime warranty.

Sears

No comments:

Post a Comment