Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do You Know About ESPN 3?


When I heard about ESPN3, I was pretty excited that I can catch some of my sports programming streamed to where ever I have an internet connection. Just bring my laptop or watch from my phone and connect. Sure I can always TiVo it and watch it later, but there's some weird satisfaction of watching it live. Worse, would be to think I can catch a close and exciting football game from the recorded programming and then drive home and hear the results from the radio sports news. So much for the excitement that could have been generated.

I tried to connect from home, but unfortunately, ESPN has a deal in place with certain internet carriers to be able to stream these programs. So I'm blocked from viewing. I did notice, and I thought this was a great way to reward these two groups of viewers, is if you are connecting from a college campus network or from a military base, you can see the programming.

I'm sure there's got to be a way to go around the filters, maybe I can use a proxy server to connect and watch? I'll have to check it out later and provide an update if I'm successful. I'm not sure if I'm abusing the system or not, but if I'm questioning it, then it probably is and maybe not legal. If you guys want to try it, please comment and let us know.

Here's some info from ESPN3's FAQ:

What is ESPN3?

ESPN3 is a broadband network for live sports programming. ESPN3 harnesses the quality ESPN has built through its TV networks and delivers online sports programming to fans through a rich, interactive, and easy-to-use experience.

ESPN3 broadcasts thousands of live games and events online each year. A majority of the events are exclusive to ESPN3, while others are broadband-enhanced versions of games from one of ESPN's TV networks.

Check to find a provider that carries ESPN3 in your area.

What kind of programming does ESPN3 offer?

Each year ESPN3 delivers thousands of live games and events like College Football and Basketball, NBA, MLB, UEFA Champions League Soccer, The Masters and US Open Golf, all 4 Grand Slam tennis tournaments, and more. Plus you get a fully interactive experience with real time in-game stats and scoreboards and live chat.

How long are games archived?

Games and events are available in ESPN3's archives varying from 24 hours to more than a week, depending on the sport.

How do I get access to ESPN3?

ESPN3 is available nationwide, but you must subscribe to a participating high speed internet service provider.

Check for a list of participating providers.

Check to find out more on how you can request access to ESPN3 or switch your service to a participating high speed internet service provider.

ESPN3

No comments:

Post a Comment