Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tour de France 2010 Fight! Barredo vs. Costa

I no longer follow the Tour de France as much as I use to. It’s due to me not riding my road bike as often as I would like to. I remember when I would leave at the crack of dawn to go riding by myself. Strap on my Camelback hydration pack with all my tools and energy bars and just ride until mid-afternoon. 6-8 hours of pure bliss.

The ride back wasn’t always the most fun if I left straight from my house. Everyone is awake and driving around, and the roads are full of cars with some people not paying attention because little Johnny boy is crying in the back seat. Or getting honked at because I was in “their” lane even though it clearly states bike path, simply because the douche bag in his Mercedes wants to make a right turn, and we’re not talking about a courtesy quick honk to let me know he’s there.

At the end of the ride though, nothing was more satisfying and fulfilling than getting on my bike, clearing my thoughts and enjoying the ride. Sure at times, I feel like quick releasing my wheel and throwing it at those douche bag drivers and giving a few right cross punches here and there, just like the guy in the Youtube video with Carlos Barredo and Rui Costa in this year’s 2010 Tour de France. Check out the video above.

No comments:

Post a Comment