Monday, July 5, 2010

How To Play Battle Of The Cheetos Online

Last week I previously posted about Chester Cheetah's new BattleOfTheCheetos.com online battle between the Puffy Cheetos and the Crunchy Cheetos. I couldn't continue past a certain point when I tried to play, either my Flash plug-in was having problems, or the servers hosting them was overwhelmed. I don't know. I was bored today and tried to check it out again. Oh what a simple but addictive game! It really reminds me of a game called Worms many years back. Similar concept and gameplay except on a much smaller scale.

The game is really simple, go to BattleOfTheCheetos.com, wait for the flash file to finish downloading, and when finished, you have the choice of either watching the intro or skipping.

battle of the cheetos its for dad blog

Since I've seen the cool intro already, I just skipped the intro and was greeted with General Chester Cheetah standing next to the globe where I pick the battleground.

battle of the cheetos how to  play itsfordad blog

The battleground is literally the front page of popular blog sites like Digg, Gawker, BoingBoing, Gizmodo...etc., and the page turns to paper and crumbles to become the battleground. If you have a Facebook account, I recommend you Facebook Connect so you can save your army's progress. Or for now, you can continue without.

battleofthecheetos how to play  itsfordad blog

The next screen brings up your choice of either the Puffy Cheetos or Crunchy Cheetos army you want to align with. Between the two, I personally like eating crunchy Cheetos, especially the Flaming Hot Cheetos, and then wash it down with some equally unhealthy soda. I'm already feeling sick from the thought of it, but I still do it for some reason.

battle of the  cheetos how to play its for dad blog

Next comes a little personalization to make you feel attached to the cute little Cheetos army. I chose a simple red and black split color with a bomb as my emblem. Simple and clean, with a little message that says "I'm going to bomb you off the face of the internet!" Do you think I'm going to eat those words instead? Keep reading to find out.

battle  of the cheetos how to play itsfordad blog

Here's where you get to challenge other players. Unfortunately you can't tell if they are online or offline. If the player is offline, then the computer simply controls the army for them. I'm not crazy to challenge the number 1 ranked player, so I go after the 100th ranked player, US ARMY, level 29. Since I'm just starting, I'm only level 1. Yeah, level 1 vs level 29!!!!!

battle of the cheetos.com how to play itsfordad  blog

As you can see, the carnage was apparent from the start. My two foot soldiers where immediately wiped out and my one poor canon guy is already saluting me as if to say, "We're f**ked!!!"

When the game starts, you have to be quick and immediately click your army to attack. Generally the foot soldiers can hit the other foot soldiers without moving. However, you don't want to be just standing there and firing away after every turn. They make easy targets for the other team's canon or tank and will wipe your foot soldiers out quickly. To counter that, you can use a strategy to fire, then have them move forward. This serves two purpose as they can get closer to the artillery in the back, and also dodge the incoming artillery shells.

When you click your army, a little menu appears above their heads either to move represented by "<" or ">" or to attack. For the foot soldiers, when the crosshairs appear, you need to quickly move it to a target and click to select the Cheetos you want to fire at. For your artillery, there is a angle meter and power meter that you have to time in order for you to lob an artillery on top of your enemy's head.

battle of the cheetos strategies  it's for dad blog

Since I was quickly annihilated, the end game summary came up. I doubt most games even go past 30 seconds to a minute. I got 1 point in my first match! Embarrassing! You'll notice on the right side of the screen has the total Cheetle I collected from playing. Cheetle is like money, which you can use to repair your troops or upgrade your army. Notice in the previous picture, the other player has a robot and a tank? That's what you can upgrade to. The more you play, the more Cheetle you can collect, the more powerful your army can become.

After that embarrassing lost, I tried to battle the number 200th ranked guy, then the 300th, then the 500th, then the 1000th, then 2000th, then the 4000th. It didn't matter, I still lost to all of them. I came close to defeating the 1000th ranked player, and all I had to do was launch that canon and I would've won. Nope, bad angle, and the shot missed completely, the other guy fired back and I was dead.

It's an addictive little game if you have a few minutes to play. It's got the right elements to keep you playing like most popular casual games. You get rewarded with the Cheetle points after every game and if you lost, you want to get right back out there to play more to collect more Cheetle to make your army stronger.

It's a vicious and fun cycle. Try it out.

www.BattleOfTheCheetos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment