Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th Of July - Independence Day

4th of july independence day fireworks

We the people.....

...will party and celebrate and enjoy our freedoms and independence! BBQ! Fireworks! Beer!

Even if some of our freedoms is slowly being taken away in a guise to protect our country from terrorist. I still believe this is all a crafted fabrication to pass laws and test our military and tech. If we don't have enemies then we don't have a common point to rally whatever it is we are trying to do, laws we are trying to pass and weapons tech we need to test in the real battlefield.

Remember the Cold War with the USSR? We were able to keep ourselves in fear, build nuclear bunkers, and amass a huge arsenal of nukes as a deterrent to other countries. For the most part it worked, but at the same time, some of these freedoms that were in place as written by our Founding Fathers is slowly being eroded.

I should have the right to keep and bear arms. I should have the right to protect myself and my family if some intruder breaks into my house, and I can shoot him dead. If the fear of being shot dead from breaking into someone's house, then most likely, the intruder isn't going to break into houses. It's a deterrent. Some parts of the country you can't have guns, unless by special license or permission. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a big gun advocate, but I'm using this as an example. The other side of the argument is there will be less guns on the street, and crime will go down. To some extent, yes, I do agree. This argument can go back and forth and would be a waste of space to talk about it any further as there is more than enough sites out there on this topic.

Regardless of what is happening, or perceived tightening on our freedoms, there is other no country in the world that I would want to in, than to live in the United States!

Have a fun and excellent Fourth of July my readers!

Here's some facts and info that you might find a good read from our government website:

USA.gov - Fourth of July

No comments:

Post a Comment