Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hite Beer - The Korean Budweiser

hite beer korean beer it's for dad blogNow it might be unfair to call Hite beer the Korean Budweiser, but basically it is. The market share in Korea is huge and it stems from the same formula of not being overly strong in any one area, so it offends less people and thus is more acceptable.

It's got a light body that quickly loses it's carbonation. It's like a very light Bud Light. The head quickly dissipates so you don't have to worry about bloating. It's almost a bland beer, but it goes so easily with your foods that I can see why it sells so well. The alcohol content is under 5%, so you can easily have a few and not really worry about looking like a drunk ass while trying to cook your food.

I was introduced to this beer when I was eating at a Korean calbi BBQ house. I saw everyone around me drinking this, so I ordered this also. They serve it in what I was later told by my Korean friends in this "traditional" little beaker looking cup. It's common to drink it that way I guess because I saw it provided this way at other Korean restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment