Friday, July 9, 2010

Inexpensive Beer Week - Keystone Light

keystone beer it's for dad inexpensive beer week beer  review
image by tuaussi

Keystone Light. I dreaded picking this up from the corner store the other night. I still remember a few of us buying a few big cases when I was younger, had a BBQ, and we all drank up till we were stupid. I remember the nasty hangover I had the next day. Horrible memories!

Now that I'm much, much older, and my taste for beer has greatly changed and matured, I'm willing to give this another shot and hopefully be pleasantly surprised like I was with the PBR bottles.

I'm trying to be as non-biased as I can, but it's really hard to not be. I chilled this beer as cold as I can get it without freezing, as I'm hoping the extra cold will help mask anything unpleasant. I know better than to pour it in a glass and so I drank it straight out of the can.

There's lots of initial carbonation, and I'm burping with the sensation going up my nose, so I'm going to let it sit for a little bit to settle down. It's almost like I can taste the separation of beer and water. It's probably from the very chilled can giving that taste effect. There isn't much hops that's detectable, but the grain is there with this noticeable tin taste. It's like I'm at a car repair shop drinking the beer. Not sure if it's my nose picking up the smell of the beer and accentuating the tin taste, but it's very noticeable.

This is almost like a watered down light beer if that makes sense. I let the beer sit a little longer for about 15 minutes. It's getting very unpleasant now. No wonder why people just chug this down! It goes down very easy and it's probably due to the flatness and watered down sensation that allows people to chug this one right after another. I'm no longer a college party animal and those days are long gone, so I don't enjoy this aspect of beer drinking anymore.

So would I go and buy this given the choice if I'm at the cheap end of the beer aisle? Really quick and simple: Nope! See that picture above? It's piss in a can poured into a glass.

Keystone Light Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment